Tuesday 28 June 2011

Type Design

One thing I had a lot of trouble with at uni was typefaces. In the first project of the second year we had to produce a book that described the different categories of typeface and it had to be innovative.

 

Although I was extremely happy with the final outcome, it was a struggle to do. I couldn't get a feel for it & couldn't get my head around it. The reason I'm bringing it up is because I have now designed my own typeface, and I wanted to make it clear just how much I struggle with type.

My typeface. Not sure what to call it.
 About a year ago a friend of mine wanted me to design him an album cover and logo for his band. I thought this would be a good way for me to actually design my own typeface. So after many attempts and chunks of hair pulled out, heres the full alphabet.
 
Rob's cover
So people how do you think I've done? Have my efforts been in vain?

No comments:

Post a Comment