Wednesday 28 December 2011

The Year That Was 2011

I'll be honest, 2011 has been one of, if not the crappiest year of my life.


I'm not kidding, I mean I've had some low points in my short existance but this past year really has taken me to my limit. I've had my heart broken (in more ways then one), I've had to sit back and watch helplessly as some of my closest people in my life breakdown infront of me. I've lost friends, family and some of my heroes have passed on, my confidence has taken a battering (as has my wallet), I've had nothing close to a proper break, been working non-stop at a job I really cannot stand anymore and my general health has just deteriorated. In the last month I been sick practically everyday and you know it's bad when my friends who are always badgering me to stay out with them are saying go home you look like death. My body has feels like it's breaking down from all the sh*t that's happen and to be honest I've been tempted to let it. I have been on the verge of throwing in the towel, flipping the bird to the world and just giving up. 

The thing about me is, I got a trait that's been built into me that's preventing me from giving up.I have had a lot of crap thrown at me this year, and I'm sure it ain't finished yet, but I will not give in. I need to keep on going, need to keep fighting. I've been taking on crap like this head on my whole life and I'm not letting a particularly bad year be the thing that beats me. But with all the bitterness, loathing and self pity I have in my heart at the momment, how do I move on do you ask? Simple really. With the good I do have in my life.

Although most of this year I would rather forget, I have had a few things that I am thankful for. I've got back in contact with a close friend who I thought I lost years ago, my doodles and illustrations are getting better with each new piece, work has become more bearable, the friends and family I still have in my life are bloody marvelous and have done their best to lift my spirits, one of my commissions has been printed (book cover for Nik Dendera's 'Love Is Suicide' avaliable now on Amazon, go now beat the rush!) and I got teasers of stuff to look forward to next year... Alright it's 'The Dark Knight Rises' but it's something good at least.

There's a lot of cliché when it comes to the New Year, with stuff like 'new year, new beginning' and out with the old, in with the new' but this year I'm going to take them to heart. This year has been terrible, but I'm still here and I'm still breathing (just). I'm gonna take all the good I still got in my life and use it to make 2012 a hell of a lot better then 2011. I can make it better, I will make it better and I will keep on going. I mean, in the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson, "How hard can it be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment